Booking terms and conditions
Bookings are made and accepted only on the following conditions:
Higherlongford.co.uk (“the Website”) is a website owned and operated by Higher Longford Limited
Contract and Booking
- This agreement is made on the basis that the property (“the Property”) is to be occupied by the holidaymakers for a holiday (as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 or similar legislation in other jurisdictions) and the Holidaymakers acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age. Group bookings of single sex parties are not allowed unless special arrangements are made.
- Any pets you intend to take with you should be declared at the time of booking.
- No bookings are valid until confirmed by Higher Longford in writing.
- Once a booking is confirmed it is not subject to change. If you choose to cancel see section 8 for details of the terms that would apply. Whilst we will be under no obligation to do so, we may in certain circumstances make minor adjustments to bookings.
A deposit of £100.00 per week booked must accompany the booking. Deposits are non-refundable unless Higher Longford is unable to accept the booking, and as specified below.
Higher Longford recommends that Holiday Insurance is taken when making a booking even when payment is made in full.
- Once a booking is confirmed by Higher Longford, the Guest is responsible for the full balance of the cost of the holiday. This shall be paid not later than 28 days before the booking is due to commence.
- Higher Longford reserves the right to re-let any holiday where any monies due are more than 7 days in arrears .
Holidaymakers’ responsibilities and forfeiture
- The Holidaymakers shall keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in, on or at the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday, and shall leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found.
- The Holidaymaker must report and pay to Higher Longford the cost of any damage or breakages made during their holiday occupancy. We reserve the right to make a reasonable charge where guests have contravened the smoke-free policy.
- The Holidaymakers’ right to occupy the Property may be forfeited without compensation if:
- More people or pets than declared at the time of booking or before the commencement of the holiday and/or the number the Property holds, attempt to take up occupation;
- Overnight guests are entertained without the Higher Longford’s express permission;
- Any activity is undertaken which is illegal, or may cause unreasonable damage, noise, behaviour or disturbance; or
- Any of the Holidaymakers smoke in the Property.
Unavailability of Property
In the event of the Property becoming unavailable (such as due to fire or flooding), Higher Longford will endeavour to provide the Guest with suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid, or a proportion in the case of curtailment. Higher Longford cannot, however, pay any compensation or expenses as a consequence of such an event.
- In the event of cancellation, Guests may be due a partial refund which is dependent on when notice of cancellation is given to us before the holiday start date. The refund is calculated as follows:
- 28 or less days notice – No refund due. Guests are liable for full payment.
- More than 29- 49 days notice – No refund due but we will rearrange your holiday and offset the money paid against a holiday for another date.
- More than 50 days notice – No refund of £100 per week deposit. The Guest’s liability for the remainder of the balance will be waived. Any balance, excluding the deposit, already paid can be refunded to the customer.
- If a refund is due it will be paid within 10 working days of cancellation.
- For all cancellations, the deposit of £100 per week will be retained.
- Dogs are allowed in all our Cottages.
- Where dogs are allowed, there is no additional charge.
- If you take a dog to our cottages you must not exceed the stated number of dog(s) on your booking form, we have the right to refuse to allow Holidaymakers to enter or stay in the Property, and/or we may ask the Holidaymakers to leave the Property before the end of the holiday period.
- Registered assistance dogs are allowed in all cottages. You still need to include these on your booking form.
- Young dogs (e.g. puppies) must be declared to Higher Longford at the time of Booking and prior agreement obtained. If a young dog is taken to a Property without our consent this could result in you being asked to leave without compensation.
- The following dog terms apply:
- Dogs must be under strict control at all times while in or at the Property;
- Any fouling must be cleared up without delay;
- The dog owner must bring the dog’s bed or basket for sleeping in;
- Dogs must not be left alone in or at the Property or elsewhere at any time; with the exception of short periods when the dog is in a crate/cage.
- Dogs must not lie on beds or furnishings unless you use your own coverings brought from home, and hair must be cleared up before departing;
- Dog owners must ensure that their pets are free from parasites and fleas before they occupy the Property. Failure to do so may incur subsequent charges;
- You will be liable for any damage caused by your and any Holidaymakers’ dogs. Any damage is to be reported to Higher Longford immediately. Any additional cleaning required, that may incur an additional charge, will be at our discretion.
- If you break these terms, the we cancel this Booking and ask that the Holidaymakers leave the Property before the end of the holiday period without compensation, or that they pay an additional reasonable charge.
- You are able leave your dogs unattended in our dog kennel during the day. You must ensure that you provide contact details in case we need you to return to your dog.
- Should we believe your dog requires emergency veterinary treatment you will be liable for this.
- Any damage cause by your dog to the kennels whilst in your use will be charged to you at cost of repair.
Access to Property
Higher Longford shall be allowed access to the Cottage at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy.
We are not VAT registered and therefore we do not charge VAT.
- In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning a cottage please contact us. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required.
- In no circumstances will compensation be considered for complaints raised after the holiday has ended, when the Holidaymakers have denied the caretaker the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to remedy matters during the holiday.
- We have compiled the information in our brochure and on our Website as accurately as possible at the time of going to press. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside Higher Longford’s control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility.
- We make every effort to ensure that the Property details are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to booking. The Holidaymakers accept that minor differences between text/photographs/illustrations in the brochure and on the Website and the actual Property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the Property not conform to the Holidaymaker’s standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
Communication with you and data
- Please request to see our Privacy Statement which explains how we will process your personal data.
- All electronic data transferred pursuant to these terms and conditions remains the property of Higher Longford and may not be replicated in part or whole without prior written permission. Electronic data will not be preserved indefinitely by Higher Longford.
Any dispute, claim or other matter which may arise in relation to your booking will be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute will be dealt with exclusively by the courts of England and Wales.
The Booking Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings, and these Website Booking Conditions supersede all previous editions.
Michelle Deane – Telephone -01822613360
Mobile, text or whatsap 07717507434
Additional precautions during COVID 19.
Before your stay
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of the COVID 19 Virus please do not come and stay in our cottages. We would not like you to be poorly away from your home. Please let us know as soon as possible.
During your stay
We have put additional social distances requirements in place for your safety during your stay.
- Contactless arrivals. Using the manuals provided we believe you can arrive safely in your cottage and find all the information you need.
- Contactless reception. Should you need to contact us you can contact us via one of our methods listed in the contact us card.
- Parking spaces have now been marked and we would appreciate if you could use these as a priorty. If you space is taken please use an unmarked space in the yard as an alternative
- Contactless information. Although you still have information in your cottage, to be used if you choose, we have provided lots of information in this link for you to enjoy your holiday. If you need anything further then do contact us.
- Cottage Cleaning. We recommend you bring your own cleaning supplies to the cottage. We will ensure that you cottage is cleaned to our usual high standards before arrival. Due to health and safety we are unable to leave cleaning detergents in the cottages for your use. A hoover is available, along with dust pan and brush and broom. These will be cleaned in between lettings to the best of ability.
- Contents of the cottage. We will remove all the food and drink from your cottage. We will be unable to leave you condiments or anything for arrival due to cross contamination. We hope this is acceptable to you. Please ensure you remove all food and drink on departure
- We will provide you with one new toilet roll. This will be a brand new roll from the packet. Further rolls will need to be provided personally for hygiene reasons.
- Books, CDs, DVDs, etc. We will remove these from your cottages. We cannot ensure that these have all been suitably cleaned in between customers and therefore will remove these for your safety.
- Bedding. We will provide to you pillows and duvets, in covers, in a plastic bag. These have been professional laundered for your use only. You are welcome to bring your own linen if you wish. If so, please leave our bedding in the bags presented in.
- Bedding on departure. Please can you place the used sheets in the bags provided. These can then be transported safely for cleaning with limited risk to our cleaners. Duvets and pillows can be put into the original bags provided.
- Using the park. Please feel free to use your gardens as you see fit. Your garden is for your personal use and should not be used for any other customers.
- Using the park shared facilities. At this time the laundrette remains closed as it is a shared indoor facility. We cannot guarantee when this will open but the Tavistock Laundrette is open for use if you wish.
- Dog walk. This is a shared outdoor facility and is open. Please respect the feelings of other users when using this facility, maintaining distancing and picking up after your pet.
- Bins. Each cottage has their own bin and you are asked to bag all your rubbish in bags and place them in the bin provided. Any dog waste can also be deposited in this bin once suitably wrapped.
- During the pandemic we are unable to offer recycling services. Please bin all rubbish or take your recycling home with you, alternatively there are recycling points at Morrisons Supermarket.
- Departure Please ensure that your key is returned to the key press and the door is locked.
- Departure. Please close all windows and doors.
Should you discover you have symptoms during your stay.
You are recommended to return to your home where you should comply with the government guidelines.
If you require assistance please call 111 for more information.
If you are required to self isolate in our cottage then we will charge you the full price for the 2 weeks you are required to stay. We will be required to cancel the bookings for other customers who would have been visiting us and therefore please give us as much notice as possible if this is the situation.
Should you be required to self isolate in our cottages you will not be able to access any of the shared facilities and should remain in the cottage as per government legislation.
We recommend you take out insurance to cover your additional costs during your stay should you become ill.
Should you discover you have symptoms after returning home from your stay.
Please let us know by email if you have any symptoms and are required to self isolate within 2 weeks of staying at our property so that we can advise any customer who may stay in the cottage after you.
We want everyone to stay well and enjoy their holiday so if you need any additional information please contact us.